Electronics Engineering Manager
Position: Electronics Engineering Manager
Location: United Kingdom, Hemel Hempstead
Our Client Company in Hemel Hempstead is seeking an Electronics Engineering Manager to join the company on a permanent basis - supporting the development of advanced technological products to global customers.
The role will be responsible for overseeing the technical output of the electronics engineering group, by developing a team with the necessary skills set to ensure delivery of high-tech projects, and contributing to the company’s global business goals.
This is a good opportunity to join a leading player in the industry in a dynamic and challenging environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide leadership to the Electronic Engineering function and develop a team with the necessary skill sets to ensure delivery of projects and activities to requirements;
- Ensure the Technical output of Electronic Engineering function is at an appropriate level and be the interface with Functional and Project Managers to ensure alignment on projects and activities;
- Promote innovation, ensuring a pipeline of new technologies to meet future market requirements;
- Provide cost and labour estimates for all Electronic Engineering tasks and activities with the appropriate accuracy;
- Work with Project and Functional Managers to ensure Electronic Engineering staffing levels are maintained across the Project Portfolio;
- Establish policies, processes and standards to achieve technical excellence in Electronic Engineering function;
- Contribute to roadmaps that support the product strategy;
- Provide accurate cost forecast for the Electronic Engineering function;
- Responsible for Technical aspects of supplier and subcontractor management;
- Develop strong lines of communication with key stakeholders both internally (e.g. Product Management, Operations, Service, QA) and externally (e.g. customers, suppliers and partner organisations);
- Ensure adherence to business policies, HS&E, Legal requirements, Ethics.
Required Skills and Experience
- Electronics Engineering degree, or equivalent;
- Previous experience in a similar role, in electronics design within an integrated instrumentation manufacturing and servicing environment (short to medium volume manufacturing), over the entire product lifecycle;
- Strong people management and leadership skills - able to lead and develop people in a positive and effective manner;
- Effective communication and influencing skills.
About the Company
Our Client Company offers advanced security solutions in civil and military markets worldwide, developing and manufacturing government-regulated technology products that identify explosives, chemical and biological agents, weapons and contraband. It is part of a global leader in applying advanced technologies to markets in threat as well as contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications and engineered components.The Company employs around 23,000 people in more than 50 countries.