Finance Systems Manager
We are recruiting for a sports media business who are looking for a Finance Systems Manager. This is a great role as this business is expanding massively. The role would pay £65,000-70,000 and is looking for someone with very strong academics 2:1 degree and above and CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified.
The role will develop and change as the company grows, but critical "deliverables" will include:
- Ensure the Financial Reporting team (and where appropriate wider business) have the requisite tools to do their job and the business systems output the data and information required (including ensuring the right outputs for the Oracle financial system).
- Ensure business processes are fully documented, with necessary controls being implemented and any identified gaps are on a roadmap to be resolved.
- Ongoing identification / definition of new processes (and back-end system improvement) required to support existing and new:
- partners and
- payment mechanisms
- Support the expected rapid increase in scale of back end systems, payment partners (e.g. Apple in app purchase), platforms and reporting systems. This will require the role holder to:
- Conduct process modelling to clarify business requirements prior to (or in parallel with) solution design
- Scenarios analysis to understand the impact of different customer journeys on reporting outputs
- Ensure end to end testing of reports and transactions
- Ensure teams are enabled to deliver external reporting (to OEMs, Rights holders etc.) on a timely and accurate basis. The timetable for these will be owned by this role and will need to be developed and improved. Furthermore, this role will have responsibility for reviewing existing/new contracts, with a focus on understanding the finance /reporting implications of specific contract terms and challenging any such terms which are not possible / onerous or poor from a commercial perspective
- Support the work of the Operations (and other) teams especially in terms of reporting and/or process streamlining / continuous process improvement
- Build solid relationships with the product team and become a subject matter expert on the key systems that underpin the overall platform.
Partner closely with Product Project Management and Product Application Development teams to ensure projects are prioritized correctly and are aligned with their business / commercial objectives