Alexander Daniels is working in partnership with a growing SME business in South Birmingham. The business is looking to capitalise on their recent business growth with the appointment of an assured Financial Controller.
The Financial Controller will help to provide key management information that will be essential as the business undertakes further growth. The successful candidate will have the advantage to grow with the usiness with genuine prospects to advance their career and influence the future shape of the finance department.
You will be responsible for the finance function and the provision of all financial information, you will possess exceptional communication and analytical skills, a keen eye for detail and have well developed business partnering skills to add genuine value to this expanding business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage month-end closure including preparation of monthly performance/kpi packs;
- Manage year-end audit and preparing all of the statutory accounts;
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including consolidation;
- Balance sheet management and review including producing balance sheet forecasts;
- Cash flow forecasting and reporting;
- Manage the ledgers; and
- Manage the treasury, payable and payroll functions.
Ideally you will:
- Be a qualified accountant with SME sector experience;
- Have xperience across all areas of accounts including payroll, P&L, balance sheet, cash flow;
- Have great People skills in managing and developing a small, talented team; and
- Have Good grasp of systems and systems development with a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint