Buyer's Assistant - Direct to Store
Job Title: Buyer’s Assistant - Direct to Store
Job Purpose: To provide comprehensive administration and secretarial support to the DTS team.
Reports to: Business Manager - Direct to Store
Trading Manager - Direct to Store
Trading Co-Ordinator - Direct to Store
Salary: £16,000+ pa + benefits
Key Result Areas:
• To support the Direct to Store team across a range of operational activities.
• To liaise directly with, and provide support and assistance to members, suppliers and central office staff.
• Knowledge of general desktop IT solutions including Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Software training will be provided and maintained where required.
• A full understanding of DTS suppliers to allow first line customer service to members
• Knowledge of Cognos and PO Systems
Specific Areas of Work:
• Provide secretarial and administrative support.
• Liaise directly with group members and suppliers, building and maintaining effective relationships at all levels.
• Co-ordinate and produce supplier trading agreements, reviewing and updating regularly to meet ongoing business requirements.
• Liaise with internal departments (eg, Member Support Department, Sales, IT, Finance) to resolve outstanding discrepancies and issues for members and suppliers as necessary.
• Develop and maintain accurate and accessible systems and databases in relation to DTS trading, member information, and category turnover.
• Provide support for DTS marketing projects (EComm and printed)
• Manage and control departmental financial processes (Purchase Orders, Invoicing, P&L and Budgets/Forecasts)
• Carry out ad hoc projects for the department as required.
Job Skills and Competencies
• Ability to work effectively as a team member.
• Good communication skills (verbal and written), with a pleasant personality and confident telephone manner.
• Capable of working efficiently and accurately to specific deadlines.
• Ability and confidence to use own initiative.
• Good basic education.
• Excellent organisational and administration skills.
• Ability to create accurate data reports for efficient production of management information.
This Job Description describes key areas of the post but is not exhaustive. The Job Description is subject to review and amendment in line with the needs of the business.
In order to continue your application, please click 'Apply’ to forward your CV.