Deputy Manager - Clinical or Non Clinical
Deputy Manager- Clinical or Non-Clinical - Highmarket House - Banbury
Our brand new purpose-built care home in North Bar Place in Banbury, Oxfordshire, will open in spring 2017.
Highmarket House will be close to the centre of Banbury and will provide the latest in luxurious facilities, combined with high quality round-the-clock care. Our dedicated and skilled teams will offer a full range of residential and nursing care for older people, including short-term respite care, specialist care for people living with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, plus palliative and end of life care.
The role of Deputy Manager:
- To lead the care team during any allotted span of duty, ensuring that the nursing and personal care of the residents is maintained on a daily basis according to individual needs and capabilities.
- To actively promote and encourage as much personal independence and choice as possible in the activities of daily living undertaken by the residents within the home.
- To be totally responsible for activities in the Home Manager's absence.
- To act as the Company's representative on site, promoting the Company's image and ensuring compliance with all statutory regulations regarding residential care homes
- Responsible to Home Manager
- To ensure that the care, welfare and safety of all residents in the home is of the highest possible standard, taking full responsibility for adherence to statutory regulations.
- To promote and maintain good interpersonal relationships between colleagues/residents and colleagues/relatives.
- To be responsible for the admission of any new residents to the Home for the purpose of assessment/evaluation, and establishment of a good mutual relationship.
- To be responsible for a physical/psychological assessment of new residents on admission to the Home.
- To institute individualised care plans according to the care process.
- To institute individual therapy plans, in consultation with other health professionals as appropriate.
- To update existing care plans for every resident according to changes in the status of the resident on a daily basis.
- To be aware of psychological change in residents and report such to the Home Manager.
- To disseminate any relevant information regarding new or existing residents where appropriate, remembering the principles of confidentiality
Skills and experience:
- Must demonstrate previous experience in a Team Leader or Supervisory role within a Healthcare setting and possess an NVQ 4 in health & social care and NCFE level 2 in medication.
- Previous experience in supervision of senior staff, ensuring high standards of care to all service users and ensure all staff comply with company policy and procedures and all paperwork and systems are completed to a high standard and adherence with confidentiality. (This post will involve some super numery hours and you will also be required to work on the floors over a 7 day rota)