St Ives - Sales Must drive due to location
To maximise customer sales and all revenue opportunities via the telephone from both inbound and outbound activity.
To undertake other reasonable responsibilities and projects as instructed by their line manager
- Effectively handle all calls (inbound and outbound), to maximise retention targets through the provision of effective and efficient communication and negotiation skills
- Provide the customer with relevant product information that is clear, fair and not misleading allowing them to make an informed decision
- Utilise all relevant information to maximise opportunities to cross sell and up sell insurance products
- Understand and be able to explain policy cover in line with terms and conditions
- Establish and maintain effective communication and relationships with all colleagues and customers, promoting a professional business image
- Develop and maintain a competent level of technical, product and system knowledge to support sales
- Deliver individual quantitative targets, adhering to quality and accuracy standards
- Contribute to the achievement of team and operational targets
- Operate within own area of accountability, proactively escalating issues and seeking guidance
- Understand and apply all company policies and procedures to ensure service standards are met in accordance with SLA and FCA requirements
- Understand business issues and recommend solutions to improve
- Commit to own personal development
- Provide support and guidance to others as required.
- Key Skills and Knowledge:Essential Skills:
- Strong team player
- Results orientated
- Good communication skills at all levels
- Ability to remain motivated in a changing working environment
- Good keyboard skills
- Works on own initiative.
5 GCSE passes including Maths and English - Grade C (or equivalent)
- Experience of working in a contact centre or sales environment
- Previous sales experience
- Basic knowledge of insurance products and principles.