Contract Manager / Project Manager
Following continual growth, rising SME seeks a handling and movement Contract Manager to provide complex solution.
BASIC SALARY: £45,000- £55,000 dependent on experience
BENEFITS: 10-15% bonus, Company Car/Van + holiday + pension
As a rapidly expanding SME within the plant installation market we pride ourselves on being able to integrate seamlessly into clients projects. Providing handling and movement solutions, our clients depend on us to deliver on time and to budget.
We are currently experiencing substantial growth and seek a technically astute Contract Manager / Project Manager who can effectively conceptualize and deliver solutions for moving and lifting heavy plant items with restricted access.
THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY TO BE PART OF A BUSINESS WHERE YOU CAN:
* Play an instrumental role in moulding the future direction of the division.
* Have the variety of projects to challenge and stimulate your mind.
* See a project through from cradle to grave.
Whilst being valued and tremendously rewarded in an environment that has a family feel but entrepreneurial prowess.
MAIN DUTIES WILL BE - Contract Manager
* Conducting surveys and inspections to a range of sites (such as Railway, Underground, Substations, Construction, Residential, Retail and or Highways).
* Reviewing and clarifying client’s requirements through initial briefing, client drawings and meetings.
* Costing out multiple projects (£2,500- £600million) including labour, plant handling equipment, vehicles and project length.
* Creating comprehensive tender documents supporting our recommended solution.
* Undertaking risk assessments and producing method statements.
* Providing red line drawings specifying requirements.
Ultimately as the technical expert within our division you will already have exemplary knowledge of utilising plant handling equipment (alloy gantries, skates, air skates, toe jacks, skoots, roller bars, powermate, ultralift, telehandlers, forklifts, hiabs, versa lifts and cranes).
AS WELL AS:
* Demonstrating a highly inquisitive mind with the ability to solve complex problems.
* Having a proven track record of surveying a variety of sites.
* The aptitude to understand technical drawings, briefs and realise customer requirements.
* Strong knowledge of slinging and using lifting frames when working with restricted head height.
* Excellent understanding of LOLER and PUWER.
* Being able to utilise a variety of IT packages (Windows Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Acrobat & AutoCAD).
* Exceptional communication skills with the ability to forge strong professional and credible relationships.
* Holding a valid Driving Licence within the UK.
Although we are advertising the role as Contract Manager, it is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles or industries: Project Manager, Contract Manager, LOLER, Surveyor, Rail, Foreman, Technical Contract Manager, Underground, Engineering Project Manager, Plant Insulation Manager, PUWER, Substations, Mechanical Foreman, M&E Service Manager, Project Engineer, Handling and Movement, Residential, LEEA, Project Manager, Decommissioning Manager, CSCS, Plant & Equipment, Retail, Site Manager, Factory Relocation, Highways, Programme Manager, Quantity Surveyor, Rigger
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Clare Gibson quoting Contract Manager reference CG1705-02 to DD: +44 (0) Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +44 (0) . Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.