Operations Manager, Domiciliary Care Provider
£18,000 - £26,000 DOE, + Bonus + Overtime + Package
Our client is registered with the Care Quality Commission to provide care services to adults over the age of 18 in their own homes. They provide short call domiciliary visits, long visit care, overnight care, and Live-In Care services across Rother.
Their registered office is in Battle and they have a satellite location in Winchelsea which is a training centre and local staff drop-in office. They provide support to private clients, and those with funding Social Services, through Direct Payments and from Continuing Healthcare Services (CHC).
Due to growth within the existing care team and plans to expand the live-in care, palliative care and ABI teams there is a requirement for an Operations Manager to lead the operations and compliance of the growing business.
Reporting to the Operations Director, and working alongside the Registered Manager, to ensure the operations of the business are of the highest quality. To maximise all external Health and Social care relationships to assist with the growth of the business.
- Line management of two office staff (Service Manager and Assistant Operations Manager) ensuring that you are able to cover their duties in cases of holiday and sickness. Their duties include: invoicing, payroll, credit control, CHC reporting, staff newsletter, adding/ending staff and service users on the scheduling system, booking training courses, planning staff inductions and shadowing, auditing care notes, booking supervisions, managing staff sickness records, Falls Log, Medication Errors Log, Missed Calls Log, managing the office facilities and company vehicles
- Answering incoming telephone calls, speaking with Service Users, Care Workers and other Health Service professionals
- Recruitment of care staff
o Sourcing candidates
o Reference checking
o DBS checks
o Managing the On Boarding process
o Preparing offer letters and contracts of employment
- Managing the 4 weekly payroll
- Service User Quality questionnaires
- Auditing HR / Service User files
- Working in a rota system to manage the out of hours On Call service
- Providing care as required by the needs of the business
This list is not exhaustive.
Experience and Qualifications
- Excellent telephone manner and good command of English, both spoken and written
- Previous office/operations management experience
- Previous experience working in the Social Care or Social Work sector is essential
- Computer literate
- Core office hours 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday, with additional hours as may be required in the office or providing care when required, plus On Call out of hours service
This position will be based in Battle, with some time spent in Winchelsea and at Service User’s homes.
Please apply outlining your suitability for this role and your current remuneration package.