Purchase Ledger/Accounts Payable Assistant
I am currently recruiting for a Purchase Ledger/Accounts Payable Assistant to join a successful and rapidly growing company based in Wrexham. You will play a key role in a busy finance team and will be responsible for the accurate and timely processing of invoices, expenses and vendor payments for the whole company. In addition you will be responsible for the production of other financial information as required allowing the production of statutory accounts.
- Scan invoices and data onto relevant capture system used for invoice data and approvals
- Verifying scanned invoices for accuracy
- Enter and match invoices to purchase orders according to defined procedures and targets.
- Enter invoices without purchase orders according to defined procedures and targets.
- Action telephone and e-mail enquiries
- File processed invoices
- Reconcile supplier statements and resolve resulting queries & discrepancies.
- Verify and escalate invoices awaiting goods received notes and authorisation.
- Data input for Key Performance Indicators relating to invoice processing.
- Create/maintain vendor master-files
- Execute payment runs
- Undertake problem-solving in areas relevant to primary duties
- Process daily expense claims
Qualifications & Experience:
- GSCE’s including Maths & English (or equivalent)
- 5 years’ experience with Accounts Payable, preferably using SAP and in a recent role
- Proficient user of Excel
- Minimum: 1 years’ experience with Accounts Payable preferably using SAP
- Base Salary Up To: £21,000 (experience dependant)
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory Bank Holidays
- Pension = 10% employer contribution min 5% employee contribution
- Death In Service (4 times salary if in pension)
- Private Health Insurance (if you can no longer work through ill health)
- AXA Health insurance (single cover)
- Subsidised Restaurant
- Paid 30 mins. lunch break
- General Hours 8.30 - 4.30
- Bonus scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (free confidential help line for any issues)
- Cycle to work
- Childcare vouchers