Supply Chain Manager
Supply Chain Manager
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Supply Chain Manager to work for a large engineering and support services provider based in Bournemouth.
The organisation is at FTSE100 business; the UK's leading provider of engineering support to the Ministry of Defence (MOD) and the Armed forces. You'll be working as part of the organisation's Land Services division to provide strategic and operational procurement support.
Our client is looking for a qualified procurement professional to provide strategic and operational procurement support within the Land business, with particular focus on the functional transformation agenda, business improvement and growth, but also providing sourcing and supplier relationship management services to key Land business areas.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Operational and strategic procurement support to specified business areas
- Delivering the capability and process improvement necessary to meet the functional transformation agenda
- Supporting business growth
- Managing procurement activity for indirect spend
- Delivering an effective procurement and supply chain for designated Land business areas
- Driving the functional transformation plan for the Land procurement team
- Developing and implementing the strategy to deliver the Standards to Excellence
- Supporting the growth agenda by providing supply chain input to Land bids
- Seeking opportunities and delivering category strategies for the Land business
- Managing the relationship with Group Category Management to ensure effective implementation of Group contracts
- Ensuring a smooth transition to SAP for the Land businesses
- Leading ad-hoc procurement projects
- Provide professional support to Land businesses as required
- Deliver an effective performance management regime for the function
Knowledge, Qualification and Experience:
- Relevant experience of the end to end procurement cycle from strategy development to sourcing and contract management.
- Knowledge of public and private sector commercial contracting
- Good understanding of MoD/commercial contract terms & conditions and a sound knowledge of methods of contracting with MoD regarding contractual and pricing issues
- Knowledge and application of a variety of contract forms
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience and/or MCIPS
- SC cleared or ability to obtain SC clearance is essential for this role
Skills & Competencies
- Proven track record of successful negotiation
- Contract drafting
- Skilled exponent of and practitioner in the procurement process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop and manage stakeholder relationships smoothly and effectively
- Ability to work in and influence teams.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Good planning, organisational, and administrative skills
If you are interested in this position please apply below or call Francesca Robinson on to discuss further.