One of my established and prestigious clients are in the process of recruiting for an Assistant Accountant on a permanent basis.
The role involves:
- Financial responsibility of various key contracts including month end accountabilities associated with them
- Providing financial advice and reports to programmes and the business as appropriate for those contracts
- Reviewing performance of contracts in terms of cash management, profitability and balance sheet elements, working with relevant business areas to address any issues as appropriate, with the aim of improving contract profitability
- Ensuring balance sheet on these contracts is understood and as expected, resolving any issues as appropriate to achieve audit clearance
- Ensuring correct use of the in house system, in terms of contract set up, working with the business to ensure best use of the ERP system, including ongoing maintenance as appropriate
- Financial responsibility for a company functional area in terms of assisting the area with improving their performance along with pertinent month end responsibilities.
- Responsible for the forecast/budget setting, specifically relating to the contracts/function(s) responsible for, ensuring understanding of the Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet elements, local hourly rates for example.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- AAT qualified/Part qualified (CIMA, ACCA or similar)
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to influence others
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to be flexible in terms of work responsibilities
- A team player, including cross-functional teams
- Demonstrable IT knowledge - Microsoft (Excel, word etc), ERP (preferably SAP) and business warehouse ideally
- Experience of MRP/ERP systems preferable
Employment benefits include a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave, salary sacrifice childcare voucher scheme, the opportunity to join an award winning pension scheme, free car parking, employee discount scheme, an on-site Occupational Health Service, flexible working, flexi -leave scheme and a generous relocation package.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.