Senior Childcare Practitoner
Jump Lane Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Senior Childcare Practitioner to effectively and efficiently deliver the main responsibilities and key result areas within the Team Leader role.
To ensure effective service delivery with a view to supporting the positive development of the children/young people, staff, service and organisation.
You will be responsible for actively safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children/young people in the home.
You will also be required to promote structure, boundaries and routines within the home and support the young people with their day to day activities.
Hours: Sleeping in / shift work, including evenings and weekends on a rota system.Candidate Criteria:
- Minimum 2 years total experience in the sector.
- NVQ level 3 CYP (CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce)
- Or equivalent.
- Driver & own transport
- Provide cover to other homes within the company when required.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To actively safeguard and promote the welfare of the children/young people.
- To report immediately any unsafe practices and conditions.
- Ensure the ongoing assessment of children and young peoples needs in day to day practice.
- Actively engage children and young people using a range of strategies in order to promote prosocial behaviour.
- Through individual practice, and the effective management of a team, actively support the positive holistic development of the children/young people within the home.
- Ensure all staff practice is in line with the children and young peoples Care and Placement Plans - Actively promote a safe, structured and nurturing environment.- Assist the management of the home in developing the skills and potential of Residential Support Workers.
- Oversee, supervise, appraise, and develop the skills of staff in their working practice.
- Take responsibility for the effective and efficient running of shifts including the planning and facilitation of activities.