£40,000 - £60,000
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Plant Manager to work at their facility based near South Wirral
- Full accountability for managing all aspects of the site and achieving target performance for the process, as indicated by business targets such as quality, output, and attendance.
- Review performance of plant/ operators via daily communication/ meetings
- Monitor plant performance and communicate progress against targets to shift personnel.
- Drive ownership of the process via the operators.
- Ensure all personnel trained to appropriate level
- Ensure plant delivers fully against budgeted targets and plans.
- Ensure maximum plant utilisation by appropriate prioritising and allocation of tasks.
- Ensure all equipment is kept in good condition, stored correctly and departmental housekeeping is of a high standard.
- Develop systems procedures and analyse data, developing appropriate Capex projects.
- People management of team including performance appraisals and ensuring all holidays are approved and attendance / overtime registers are prepared in a timely manner.
- Identify training and development requirements for production team and assist the HR Team in planning training for individuals and teams
- Actively promote a team-working environment and always lead by example.
- Ensure departmental housekeeping is of a high standard.
- Ensure all work undertaken is done so in accordance with company policy and in a safe manner.
- Degree in Engineering or Science discipline would be advantageous
- Relevant H&S qualification i.e. NEBOSH, managing safely
- Previous experience working in a process plant is essential; with a FMCG, Process, Chemical background
- A strong people manager with front line leadership skills
- Previous people management experience (particularly in leading a team of up to 50) is required; knowledge of shift working/operation would be desirable
- Knowledge and understanding of current legislation and compliance, i.e. IPCC, EA, HSE
- Driven individual with ambition to step up in an operational organisation
- Candidate must be able to work under pressure, be self-motivated, credible, with the ability to lead and motivate a team to maximise the performance of the plant
Please send your CV and call Jamielea at gap technical on
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability or the job.
Closing date: 05/06/2017