CAD Draughtsman/Design Engineer
Our client is a growing, specialist manufacturing business established for almost 15 years offering sheet metal and fabrication services via a highly engaged 20 strong team of skilled welders and qualified site services personnel. Operating to industry specific CE and general ISO standards, the company enjoys an excellent reputation as preferred supplier to construction industry contractors serving end clients in utilities, environment, transport and defence.
Looking to continue to grow and develop, the organisation is now looking to appoint to a newly created CAD Draughtsman/Design Engineer role to improve turnover, throughput and profitability, increasing the speed at which Solidworks 3D drawings are produced, issuing detailed manufacturing drawings to improve shop floor efficiencies and ensuring customer expectations of product and standards are met.
Reporting to the Operations Manager and working closely with the existing team, you will be responsible for preparation of general arrangement Steelwork drawings for won work, interpreting fellow engineer’s sketches and calculations as well as detailing component drawings for fabrication. Site surveys will be required to verify dimensions and set out, as well as to support site installation teams.
Ensuring client satisfaction at all times, your key duties will include:
• Preparation and issue of suitable and accurate Solidworks 3D drawings for client approval and for manufacturing purposes complying with EN1090 and ISO 9001 standards
• Client interface and site visits, understanding and communication their requirements to the business
• Assisting engineers to estimate new work
• Engineering (with assistance if required) new work
• Understanding capabilities and work load to prioritise effectively
• Identify opportunities for improvement, cost savings and efficiencies
• Improving CRM functionality
You will need:
• Comprehensive knowledge of Solidworks (3D) and engineering background, preferably gained in bespoke fabrication and welding
• Understanding of manufacturing processes
• Ability to effectively manage work through to production
• Excellent communication skills at all levels
• Experience in CRM
• Optimism, tenacity, dynamism
• Strong organisation skills
• Honesty and trustworthiness
• Related qualifications advantageous eg HNC in Mechanical Engineering