Nursery Practitioner / Keyworker
JOB TITLE: NURSERY PRACTITIONER/KEYWORKERS
LOCATIONS: Sunflower Nursery, Cambridge or Cambourne
HOURS: Various hours including full-time hours available: job share arrangements and part time hours will be considered
SALARY: Keyworkers - £16,673 - £18,541 full time equivalent of 40 hours per week; starting salary dependant on experience and qualifications.
About Sunflower Nursery
What makes us different is our charitable status and the Values that drive our organisation. We are proud to have been recognised again as a Sunday Times Top 100 Employer to work for and our nurseries have been rated as good by Ofsted.
We offer a nurturing, educational and stimulating environment for children aged from 6 months to 5 years old and we are planning expansion. We have a wide variety of different ethnic groups and religions and we regularly share children’s cultural experiences. We are particularly proud of the partnership we enjoy with parents and carers and are committed to helping children develop at their own pace through our successful Key Worker system.
What you’ll do
- Provide high quality child care to children through the nursery
- Create enriched learning opportunities for children in line with EYFS
- Positively promote the welfare of the children in our care
- Share and support the strong ethos of our Nursery and foster positive relations with parents/carers
- Keep chidrens’ development records and produce Education and Care Plans when required
- A genuine desire to make a significant contribution from day one
- Adaptable to meet the variable needs of the children and the Nursery.
- Self-motivated to learn and develop
- Friendly, flexible, reliable and committed
- Supportive Team player and effective communicator (both verbally and in writing)
- Keyworkers - Qualified to NVQ Level 2 in childcare essential and willing to work towards NVQ Level 3 desirable
We can offer
- Training, development and career progression through our Career Path Framework
- 28 days holiday per year, increasing annually until the maximum entitlement of 33 days is reached (5 years) pro rata for part time staff
- Occupational sick scheme
- Choice of pension schemes including final salary pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme provided by BUPA
- Refer a friend incentive scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Free Uniform
- Free DBS check
This advertisement is part of an ongoing recruitment campaign and may be withdrawn at any time if there is a high level of applications. It is recommended that you submit your application as early as possible.
Please note this position is subject to satisfactory references and a clear Enhanced DBS Disclosure. If you are registered with the online DBS Update Service, this may escalate your application process.