Job title: Production Engineer and Scheduler
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to be part of one of the UK's fastest growing electronic manufacturers.
A chance for a well-established Production Engineer to join a strong, skilled and enthusiastic Production team
Purpose of Job
- To ensure that all loaded customer orders are processed within the MRP system into Works Orders and are then loaded onto the production, test and materials department
- process orders within the MRP system into Jobs
- Schedule jobs using available department capacity. and
- Ensure correct equipment is available at the appropriate time to fulfil the requirements for each job.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Extensive use of the MRP system "Central One" to raise Jobs and set Call off
quantities and dates.
- Use MRP system to interrogate ability to start Jobs based on materials and set
Planned Starts dates.
- Give good instruction and information to materials/stores in order the prioritise Jobs
that need picking and kitting.
- Use MRP system to Print Route Cards and make available to all appropriate
departments in good time.
- Update customers on delivery dates and manage customer expectations.
- Ensure that all documents, drawings and specifications are made available at the appropriate time by either producing them or ensuring the Documentation
department completes them in good time.
- Print Pick/Kit lists and make available to stores operatives
- Deal with any amendments to orders as they arise, ensuring that customer
requirements are met.
- Use in house scheduling tool to maintain the schedule of work for the different
- Ensure team leaders are aware of the order of Jobs and that they have all necessary documentation.
Ensure compliance with Quality Assurance systems and procedures, encouraging
compliance in others and identifying problem areas for management resolution.
Contribute to Production Management meetings providing appropriate information
and offer suggestions for improvements to systems and processes.
- Experience in an electronics manufacturing environment
- HND in Electronics or equivalent
- Sound Production Engineering skills and experience
- Experience of lean methodologies including: cellular manufacturing, single-piece-flow, waste elimination, visual controls, 5s etc.
- Good general computer skills including MRP, ERP and MS Office. Experience of ERP. Implementation, specifically shop-floor data capture / bar-coding is highly desirable.
- Flexible and conscientious working attitude.
- Proactive and responsive.
Premier are acting as an employment agency