AVP Business Analyst - Financial Control
The Programme was initiated to deliver an enhanced Corporate Bank offering for global corporate clients in Europe and to ensure continuity of service for key client groups as we disposed of non-core businesses in Europe. Our goal is delivery of a highly digitised, comprehensive banking platform (covering cash, trade and debt) across Western Europe and the UK, which will provide a consistent experience and offering across all geographies. We are two years into a multi-year delivery, which is focused on both existing markets such as France, Ireland and Germany, and also potential new markets including Luxembourg, Belgium and The Netherlands.
As a member of the team supporting the Tax, Finance and Treasury business areas, this role focuses on full lifecycle support - analysis, operating model, business requirements definition and test preparation for the Finance function as part of the Corporate Bank roll out.To act as a release Business Analyst for technology releases; to provide post implementation support to the business function as required and agreed by the programme
- Define & produce functional and non-functional requirements
- Support the analysis of requirements and assist development team
- Support the Senior Finance and Tax lead as required to provide business analysis support to the function
- Work closely with Business, Change and Architecture teams
- Engage across different application groups in definition of opportunities for alternate business solutions to issues/challenges and represent these business solutions as requirements for IT solutions
- Provide requirements to various application groups to build the required changes.
- Manage stakeholder relationships between the demand (business) and suppliers (IT) around constraints and limitations of solutions
- Build methods for testing the solution against the requirements (use cases, test scenarios, scripts
- Support users in executing acceptance testing
- Manage scope
- Help to define establishment of current "As Is" and "To Be" system stacks
- Manage the Requirement Gathering & defect governance process
- Has an awareness of the subject area (Finance/Financial Control).
- Understanding of Corporate/Investment Banking products
- Microsoft office products
- The candidate should be able to;
- Work in an organised well-structured manner
- Be proactive in the execution of allocated tasks
- Own the tasks independently
- Be able to communicate clearly on the status and progress of allocated activities
- Be willing to learn new skills
- Experience, qualifications and other requirements:
- Formal qualifications (probably a relevant specialist honours degree in IT / business) plus considerable practical experience
- Experience of working in a business or change capacity within a Banking Finance/Financial Control team.
- Additional details of exceptional aspects of the demands of the role
- Delivery & Project Management - Understands essential concepts and practices of delivery requirements.
- Management - Familiar with the essential concepts and practices of Management.
- People Development - Familiar with the essential concepts and practices of People
- Additional critical qualities:
- Considerable ability to 'hit the ground running’ in an unfamiliar environment
- Detailed understanding of Client and running complex Operational processes
- A team player who will work collaboratively with a diverse group of people and who proactively breaks down barriers
Knowledge and Expertise:
- Understands essential concepts of major activities associated with large project implementations
- Understands Corporate Banking domain
For more information about the role and client, please apply!