National Account Manager
Reporting to the Sales Director, you will contribute to Company Sales and Marketing strategies as part of the Account team and ensures their implementation for the account. You will achieve sales and distribution and profit targets for the account and you will:
1. Actively seek to maximise distribution of all product ranges at head office level.
2. In conjunction with your manager, deliver the agreed plan, forward planning/budgets, agree and implement new product launches and promotional activity (where relevant) to maximise growth in the designated account.
3. Implement agreed pricing strategies in accordance with company policy.
4. Actively seek new business/secure new product launches from their assigned distribution channels as agreed with the Channel Manager and/or the Sales Director.
5. Ensures the account is developed to make sure it achieves full turnover and distribution potential within the agreed parameters of any commercialisation plans.
6. Maintain an active target list with specific, measurable and achievable goals.
7. Maintain accurate records to provide efficient, effective controls for all sales activities within the agreed sales structure processes.
8. Develop and maintain effective relationships with customers at all levels.
9. Ensure price stability in key product areas in the market in line with the Company's objectives.
1. You hold a University Degree in Sales, Marketing or Finance; ideally with a background in both Sales and Marketing;
2. You have a proven track record in a similar position with successful experience in Account Management;
3. You can demonstrate experience of working within the DIY and garden sectors, in-depth knowledge of the account in a similar product range
4. You hold a Full Driving licence and you are able to travel extensively within the UK on frequent basis and overseas as required by the business;
5. You are proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
6. You are able to build relationships with all levels and departments, and have excellent planning, negotiation and organisational skills
7. You are an excellent team player and ability to work cross functionally;
8. You are able to work in a multicultural environment.
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Why not listen to some of the inspiring stories from our candidates and their one piece of career advice. It's just a few of the thousands of people who have found success in their working lives with Randstad. Visit to find out what you could become.