Senior Finance Manager/ Commercial Finance Manager
This is an amazing opportunity for a qualified Senior Finance Manager/ Commercial accountant with Post Qualified Experience ideally from Health, Travel or Hospitality sector. You must be motivated, be able to work independently, have drive and passion and be adaptable to change as you will be liaising with operations managing large projects, and modelling alternative scenarios for treatment centres.
The role will involve developing good working relationships with the operations team across the relevant operating units and supporting the Hospital Director.
The role will primarily be based in Ilford with regular attendance required in Gillingham, Kent. Travel will also be ocassionally required to Head offices in Reading and London.
Role reports to the Head of Finance.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Provide finance leadership to operating units, driving enhanced business performance and decision making, supported by the proactive utilisation of financial information and business analysis, and the successful implementation of new projects..
Major Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Key member of the units' Senior Management Team, providing financial leadership to enable robust strategic decision making.
- Lead, develop and coach direct reports in accordance with Leadership expectations
- Monitoring of performance against contracted targets.
- Comply with the Company Appraisal system and attend an appraisal every year.
- Supported by a central management accounting team in Reading, deliver accurate and insightful month end management accounts, variance analysis and commentary - both financial and non-financial.
- Manage forecasting and annual budgeting process for operating units, including extensive discussions with operational staff and co-ordination with central finance team
- Ownership of management information, deep understanding of activities and drivers
- Ongoing identification & communication of risks & opportunities through general interactions with operations, ad-hoc scenario analyses of commercial opportunities, etc
- Provision of financial billing data to the receivables team and resolution of any issues that arise in the billing process
- Ensuring management, implementation and compliance with financial control policies and processes across the units
- Understanding of key commercial terms within key customer and supplier core contracts and an active participant in external stakeholder meetings
- Ensure updated mandatory training requirements are met and equipment training records are maintained.
- Assist in the orientation and support of new staff to the unit
- Work with and lead operations and bid development with looking at and financially appraising new business opportunities, including preparing necessary sign-off models/briefing papers and board approval submissions.
- Provide day to day finance support to the operational management and teams
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Qualified accountant - PQE
- Excellent analytical and financial modelling skills
- Demonstrable evidence of predictive and forecast modelling, planning and assisting with strategy
- Strong academic qualifications
- Ability to work in a cross functional/matrix organisation
- Line management experience
- Proven track record of implementing change programmes
- High competence in relation to usual Microsoft applications e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint
- Technically competent and highly skilled in the use of MS Excel
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation complex messages clearly
- Ability to influence key stakeholders
- A commitment to providing high quality service
- Wants contact with the business and want to make a genuine business impact.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet targets and deadlines
- Thorough and attentive to detail
- Able to use own initiative
- Able to prioritise and manage time effectively
- Proactive self-starter
- Flexible and can-do attitude