Oncology and Acute Medicine Doctor (RMO) - London
Located in the heart of London’s esteemed medical district, sjb medical are recruiting an Oncology and Acute Medicine Doctor (RMO) to join a unique private Hospital group.
Recognised as one of the best-equipped, multidisciplinary private hospitals in the capital, available facilities include three laminar flow theatres for orthopaedic surgery, a robotic surgery suite and some of the most advanced radiological diagnostic facilities in the country.
By undertaking this role, you will be joining a dedicated and highly trained team committed to delivering an exemplary standard of clinical care. The role of the RMO is to work as part of the middle grade doctor’s team where you will be involved in registrar level clinical duties and will play a vital role in managing the medical care, working closely with Consultants to ensure that patients’ treatment and care needs are met.
We are actively seeking junior doctors, Resident Medical Officers (RMO) equivalent to NHS ST4 level and above (SPR Registrar level equivalent) to work on a 12 hours shift based rota. This will cover a range of patients groups within Medical Oncology and Acute Medicine.
This is a permanent contract with full-time or part-time hours - 12 hour shifts - Days / Nights and some weekends.
- Competitive salary package of up to £65,000 per annum
- Private pension
- Private medical care cover
- Funded Study Leave
- Guaranteed annual salary review and appraisals
- Continuous training supplied
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide medical cover, routine and emergency during hours of duty and to act, as may be reasonably required, on instructions given by the consultants and specialist nursing regarding patients’ management in the Wards
- Undertake a daily ward round with Consultant Specialist ensuring patients are visited where appropriate
- Admit and clerk patients, take blood samples as requested, countersign any drug instructions given by the consultants over the telephone and satisfy requirements of Medication Policy throughout the hospital
- Undertake certain routine medical procedures as required such as; venepuncture, setting up an intravenous infusion, inserting a urinary catheter, arterial blood sampling, or ECGs
- Take part inward audits and research to continuous improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients
Skills & Experience:
Management of acute related emergencies
MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
Fully Registered with the GMC and current licence to practice.
MRCP or equivalent
SPR/Registrar Level practice experience
Evidence of continuous study, training or development
To find out more about this opportunity and how to apply, please get in contact with SJB Medical directly or simply click Apply and provide us with your most up to date CV for consideration.