Service Fitter / Engineer
Job Title: Service Fitter / Engineer
Location: 50% field-based, 50% workshop-based, working throughout the UK. The place of work will be the UK headquarters in Oxfordshire.
Salary: circa 20K-25K (Depending on Experience) + Overtime + Discretionary bonus + Pension + 25 days holidays.
Our client was founded in 1963 as an independent provider of hydraulic accessories and is today an internationally established group with over 8000 employees, 50 branch offices and 500 trade and service partners world-wide.
They are looking for a Service Fitter / Engineer to work within their growing Service team to expand their presence in UK markets. This exciting role will be focussed across a number of industries and products including automotive, industrial, mobile and power generation.
- Perform service, maintenance and repair work on customer products and existing hire and workshop equipment.
- Carry out analysis and help to prepare reports on the condition of hydraulic and lube equipment and systems.
- Support service project engineers in the installation, commissioning and repair of products and systems.
- Assist with aspects of service projects, namely, fabrication / repair / maintenance / installation on customers' site.
- Support service engineers and sales engineers with installations, fabrications, commissioning and trials on customers' site.
The nature of the role means that they are looking for someone with good interpersonal skills who is comfortable working in a team environment, ideally with previous site work experience in the UK fluid power market. The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Experience of site work.
- Ideally time served apprenticeship with City & Guild / NVQ qualifications.
- Self-motivated with the ability to adapt to fluctuating work demands and multiple priorities.
- Well organised, conscientious and hard working.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong understanding of customer service, problem solving.
- Good IT skills using Excel, Word, Outlook.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant job titles and experience of; Service Fitter, Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Support, Repairs Technician, Repair Engineer, Electrician, Electrical Engineer, Service Engineer, Fabricator, Welder may also be considered for this role.