Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Developer - Residential - Senior Quantity Surveyor
This ambitious Developer, sitting in the "Top 100 UK Contractor" list, is seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their City of London offices to working on unique Residential developments across the City.
For 25 years this developer has had an outstanding project portfolio with some award winning developments with an unbroken record profitability. The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor will be joining an organisation has eleven consecutive years as one of The Sunday Times '100 Best Small Companies to Work for' an extremely impressive statistic for someone in the construction industry.
Role: Senior Quantity Surveyor
Location: City of London
Projects: New Build
Salary: £70,000 - £80,000 - Pension, Car Allowance, Bonus
Duties: The Senior Quantity Surveyor will report to the Commercial Manager
Duties will include -
- Determination of the Cost Plan for the developments in cooperation with their peers, incorporating known and perceived risk factors to the project.
- Preparation of the input to the Purchase Appraisal and coordination and preparation of the phased Commencement appraisal.
- Liaison with the technical team and consultants so as to provide continuous value engineering of design concepts and proposals
- Monitoring changes so as to continuously identify the status of costs
- To establish subcontract sources early in the programme so that they can contribute to the design in terms of value engineering.
- Ensure procurement of all subcontract elements of the development are completed in accordance with the company requirements and sustainability objectives.
- Prepare detailed schedules of directly purchased materials in liaison with the development team.
- Develop robust and inclusive definitions of the scope of the works
- Minimum 7 years' experience
- Motivated with a positive 'can do' attitude
- Professional approach and high level of discretion.
- Team player, willing to learn and get involved with a wide range of tasks, including support role to other members of the team
- Ability to work on own initiative and generate solutions.
- Highly IT literate, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Valid Driving Licence
- Appropriate CSCS card
If you are a Quantity Surveyor or Senior Quantity Surveyor, looking at your career options, then please contact Sam Patuzzo at Brandon James.
QS /Senior Quantity Surveyor / Cost Manager / London / Central London / City of London