Commercial Quant Analyst (energy)
Are you a highly-analytical individual with experience in the energy industry- ideally in demand forecasting and reducing imbalance volumes? The Commercial Quant Analyst will be analysing large volumes of data and presenting information in a variety of formats. The main function of the role is to enhance and develop the company’s Commercial activities in a number of areas, including forecasting accuracy and pricing models through the use of a variety of mathematical techniques. If you have a quantitative data analyst background, and good client service skills, the Commercial Quant Analyst role could be for you!!
- Maintain and enhance the commercial demand forecasting tools (HH, NHH and generation) to improve forecasting accuracy and reduce imbalance
- Liaise with other teams to ensure high quality input data are available for use in demand forecast
- Develop energy pricing models for use in pricing energy, risk metrics and trading decisions
- Develop the commercial energy hedging strategy
- Enhance and improve pricing models
Skills and experience required:
- Practical experience of pricing, demand forecasting and settlement in retail electricity supply.
- Evidence of a quantitative background is essential and a qualification in an analytical field.
- Excellent numerical skills able to analyse and understand large complex quantities of data.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of (or aptitude for) application of VBA and SQL programming
- Able to develop complex models (ideally associated coding in VBA/SQL) and sense check outputs.
- A degree or equivalent in Mathematics or a discipline with a significant mathematical content.