Senior Market Risk Analyst (Projects and Reporting)
£60,000- £70,000 + bonus + benefits
Risk Management, Middle Office and Planning & Control Department
Our client is one of the leading integrated energy companies with activities in exploration, production, transport, and marketing of oil and natural gas.
This is a role for a risk analyst to join the Market Risk team. The team will provide daily performance and control analysis of the trading business and will work closely with the traders and the other parts of the business. This is a pivotal team in this dynamic business and experience of this area could lead to a range of interesting and challenging career options in the trading and shipping business.
MAIN JOB FUNCTION
The role will be responsible for:
- Leading numerous projects helping implement structure, consistency and new risk metrics.
- Performing day-to-day market risk activities.
- Providing the Company with the capability to value, monitor and risk manage across a range of traded markets.
- Dealing with ad hoc requests related to risk analytics for market risk in general.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Work with other market risks analysts to ensure consistent, timely and accurate reporting of positions and P&L.
- Leading projects to help improve our performance of all market risk functions including.
- Analysis of positions and understanding of how they fit within the firms risk framework. Positions may be both physical as well as financial.
- VaR calculation and analysis, ensure that the VaR metric is both complete and accurately reflects the risk of the desks.
- P&L explains, Analysis of the P&L to help explain it in terms of the Greeks as well as by asset including spread assets.
- Stress, Analysis and calculation of stress on an aggregate level as well as specific strategy level ensuring that the figure is accurate and has the support of FO as well as MO.
- Lead ongoing projects (IT and other) in market risk team. These projects can be cross asset class and either designed to improve architecture, efficiency or risk metrics. Significant interaction within the market risk team will be necessary.
- Maintain a good knowledge of risk metrics, be able to understand and discuss with the other risk managers VaR, Stress and Greeks so as to be able to assist in commentary and development.
- Interface with IT to develop and manage all reporting activities within the company dedicated ETRM system.
- Contribute to new business initiatives, systems or process improvement projects.
- Share expertise in the team.
- Manage ad hoc risk analysis.
This position reports to the Market Risk Manager of the Risk Management & Middle Office Department in London and includes the following interfaces:
- Internal - Front Office, Back Office, IT, finance and Middle Office on a daily basis;
- External - relevant industry contacts.
- Strong academic credentials with a numeracy-oriented specialization, preferably in Mathematics, Physics, Finance or quantitative discipline.
- Strong Excel skills with macros and VBA knowledge, SQL.
- Working experience with ENDUR/AMPHORA desired.
- Min 4 years of experience in Oil / Gas or Power market risk department.
- Knowledge and understanding of the crude Oil / Gas or Power markets, the financial/physical instruments commonly used for risk management.
- Analytical mind, strategic thinking and practical problem solving.
- Flexible and adaptable attitude.
- Business development attitude (with honesty and integrity).
- Innovation, pro-activity and efficiency, dedication and result oriented approach to work;
- Project management skills.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to build and nurture effective relationships internally and externally.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in rapidly changing environment, be self-disciplined and stress resilient.
- Good team worker and have an experience of working in an international and multi-location organization.
- Full command of English language (written and spoken).