Associate role similar to Equity Research Analyst (to support Economics and Strategy)
We are looking for a financial services Associate to support an Analyst within Economics and Strategy within a Global Investment Bank. Suited to someone who would be interested in capital markets and has, for example, excellent knowledge of valuing equities using DCF (discounted cash flow) method.
Position at a glance:
Evalueserve is a global leader in providing financial research support to leading investment banks and buy-side firms. Currently, Evalueserve works with 9 of the top 10 investment banks and several hedge funds and buy-side firms. Over 500 associates globally provide credit and equity research support to these clients.
The Associate will provide on-site research support to our global investment bank client located in London. The associate will be an extension of the client’s team and will be responsible for creating/maintaining detailed financial models, writing company notes and reports, performing competitive analysis of the sector, tracking industry news, analysing macro-economic parameters, and others performing other maintenance activities like quarterly earnings updates, database management, etc.
Associate to Support Economics and Strategy Role Summary:
The candidate will support Global Product Manager for Economics and Strategy in the sell-side research business of one of the top Investment Banks. The objective of the team is to develop models for computing standardised values of key metrics like Equity Risk Premium, Beta etc. for various end markets. These key metrics would feed into the company valuation models being developed by equity research analysts across the globe for the companies under their coverage.
- Develop and maintain financial models for calculating variables like Equity Risk Premium, Beta, etc. for different Countries and Sectors (e.g., consumers, industrials etc.)
- Proficiently leverage databases like DataStream, Factset, Havers etc for extracting data required for building the models.
- Preparation of power point presentations for specific use(s) on need basis
- Extensively work on spread sheets for developing models
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Engineering
- Experience of 3 years in the equities research or strategy role
- Or experience in quants with respect to equity valuations
- Preferably ACCA
- Strong knowledge of valuing equities using DCF method
- Keen inclination to work in the capital markets
- Ability to understand and analyse industry and company trends and form investment arguments
- CPA or CFA certification or interest in being certified
- Knowledge of database tools - Bloomberg, Reuters and other financial data systems
- Strong attention to detail required as work would have significant impact on the outcome of company valuations models of research analysts
- Excellent excel skills with keen interest to work on spread sheets
- Strong verbal communication skills and good written skills (but not required of the level of publishing research)
- Ability to quickly learn and apply multiple dimensions to the concepts of calculating equity valuation variables
- Excellent communication skills
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation package
- Company pension scheme
- Access to company private medical and dental plan
- Company sponsored CFA certification
Evalueserve is a global professional services provider with +3200 employees offering research, analytics, and data management services. We are powered by mind+machine - a unique combination of human expertise and best-in-class technologies that use smart algorithms to simplify key tasks. This approach enables us to design and manage processes that can generate and harness insights on a large scale, significantly cutting costs and timescales and helping businesses that partner with us to overtake the competition.
We work with clients across a wide range of industries and business functions, helping them to make better decisions faster; reach new levels of efficiency and effectiveness; and see a tangible impact on their top and bottom line.