Are you an experienced Project Engineer with experience in design and process improvement?
Are you looking for a new opportunity in a dynamic, fast paced growing business in the healthcare sector?
Are you seeking a role where you can take ownership for design and ideas, and become the subject matter expert?
This role could be for you….
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE ROLE
- Degree qualified in Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering
- Experience in a technical environment, including design and process improvement
- Experience in dealing with technically complex temporary infrastructures preferred
- Knowledge of LEAN principles an advantage but not essential
- Fluency in English is essential, with experience of a second European language an advantage
- IT literate, with ability to effectively work using MS Office, CAD, and other software packages
- Knowledge of medical gas, electrical and air systems would be a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations relevant to the transport/logistics/healthcare industry
- Self-starter, who is able to work independently, with minimal supervision, or as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to adapt approach to suit audience
- Must be able to operate in a dynamic, solution based environment
- Proven level of numeracy and literacy skills
- Must hold a full driving licence
- Hold a valid passport (or willing to obtain)
KEY TASKS & DUTIES
- Be the 'go to person’ for hospitals on all technical, logistical, project planning and site access/construction matters, advising customers on the technical requirements of the unit(s)
- Manage technical development/innovation projects in liaison with our manufacturers (both UK and Europe)
- Understand unit software programs, with view to developing and enhancing these
- Produce, develop and modify unit CAD drawings
- Create and maintain technical documentation and processes for UK and Europe
- Lead consultation and design activities in relation to new fleet
- Undertake site surveys at host hospitals to establish feasibility of unit installation, movement and site access, writing up formal site reports as required
- Attend customer meetings as required
- Participate in unit delivery and/or removal activities
- Liaise as required with technical maintenance contractors, and ensure servicing/remedial works are undertaken to schedule
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
25 days holiday, pension scheme, Health Cash Plan, and other voluntary benefits
Salary DOE £37,000 - £40,000
Vanguard Healthcare operates the world’s largest fleet of mobile clinical units, supplying the NHS and other healthcare providers across Europe with additional clinical capacity on-demand. We can also offer a range of equipment and staffing options to support our state-of-the-art facilities.
Our core business of clinical facility provision would not be possible without the key people within support team roles here at Vanguard. Based at our logistics site in near Colchester, Vanguard are seeking a Project Engineer to join our team of passionate, fast-paced individuals all aimed at growing the Vanguard business and creating a great experience for our customers.