Maintenance Engineer/Reliability Engineer
Variety of day shift work patterns available to be discussed on application.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Use both mechanical and electrical engineering skills / knowledge to maintain and enhance the performance of plant and equipment. Provide first class, flexible support to production requirements and factory services at all times by means of the application of electrical/mechanical skills in fault-finding/diagnostics, planned preventative maintenance practices and electrical/mechanical installation. Train and develop production staff to deliver their first line maintenance objectives.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure accurate & timely records are entered / recorded of all work carried out, root causes of failures and of spares / consumables used.
- Ensure engineering downtime is accurately logged, monitor repair times, and find new methods / procedures to reduce these.
- Ensure operating and maintenance manuals, diagnostic instructions and special tools are readily available to all engineering staff.
- Provide engineering support to production to ensure efficient performance of all equipment.
- To apply systematic diagnostics in electrical/mechanical engineering in order to minimise the impact of plant failures/breakdowns.
- Train, develop and sign off nominated production staff to allow them to carry out first line maintenance to designated plant & equipment. Ensuring that all H&S procedures, engineering best practices are adhered to at all times.
- Responsible for entire site during shift
- Contract labour
- All machinery & equipment on site
- All areas of the site
- Complete all allocated P.M.’s in the set time frame
- Liaise with Team Leaders/Managers to ensure work requests that are raised are completed as & when required and within the agreed time
As a Multi skilled Engineer you are responsible for achieving all K.P.I’s within your areas of responsibility. You are expected to promote a culture of continuous improvement to improve processes and practices result in a quality product being manufactured safely at the lowest cost.
- Time served apprenticeship or equivalent
- Recognised electrical and mechanical qualifications
- 3 years minimum of maintenance experience - food mfg environment preferable
- Understanding of PLC & computer controlled equipment
- Experience of working with PLC’s (Siemens S7, S5 and Alan Bradley)
- Competent electrical / electronic fault finding and analysis skills
- Self-managing - Must be able to work under own supervision or as part of a team
- Flexible working attitude, as you will be required to work such other hours as the company may deem necessary.
- Sound communication / training skills
Pension, Parking, Commission/Bonus
Mechanical or Electrical bias or multi skilled