Commercial Manager - London Bridge
Our client is a content-driven membership forum for senior executives from leading companies organising regular membership events on current, sometimes, controversial topics affecting business decision makers globally.
A client facing role, the Commercial Manager will have responsibility for ensuring its ambitious growth plans by driving renewals from existing members as well as acquiring new members. This is a key management role supporting the Executive Director to build a strong sustainable business. As such we are looking for candidates with the necessary experience and expertise to deliver an ambitious long-term growth strategy for this business.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Outwardly focussed, ensuring quality contact with clients to drive new business
- Retain and upsell current members by communicating with them regularly and assisting in the development of new programmes for members
- Identifying new revenue streams. Building strategies and tactics to deliver them
- Building rapport and developing relationships with internal and external stakeholders within the Group to ensure all revenue opportunities are maximised
- Playing a key role in supporting and developing growth strategy for the company and developing it periodically to reflect market changes
- Reporting biweekly sales figures and BUD
- Tracking sales against operating plan and quarterly forecasts
- Maximise commercial opportunities whilst protecting credibility of the brand
- Building and maintaining an open, collaborative culture that encourages effective working relationships with other teams
- Overseeing and signing sales contracts
- Solicit feedback from members to improve membership activities and services
- Drive innovative use of social media, technology, communications and marketing strategies to deliver meaningful, real-time relationships with members.
Delivery of required revenue. Expanding the business at a rapid pace underpinned by long term sustainable growth whilst protecting the FT brand and reputation.
Qualifications / Competencies / Skills / Experience
- Extensive sales expertise, ideally within events / membership platform
- A strong track record in sales management and reporting
- Entrepreneurial flair
- Ability to identify business opportunities and enhance profitability
- Attention to detail and high standards in every aspect of event production
- Proven leadership and development skills
- Proven influencing skills and ability to influence in areas outside core remit
- Confidence and ability to forge long term commercial partnerships
- Understanding of strategy, commercial and product development
- Commercially driven and customer focussed
- Interest in UK corporate sector with a broad knowledge of business and the economy