Account Manager - M&A Datasite
Our client is looking for an energetic, driven and experienced Account Manager to join their DataSite Sales team. As an Account Manager, you will have an exciting opportunity to develop both your technical and client servicing skills in an established organisation with excellent progression opportunities.
The DataSite product is the market leader in data room services, not only providing a first class virtual data room product but also offering ancillary services that differentiates the DataSite from its competitors to ensure seamless project execution.
About the Job: You will provide a high level of professional support to the Sales Directors in order to maintain, grow and identify new revenue opportunities in assigned accounts. This includes performing a supporting role in shared accounts and also owning your own set of accounts.
Summary of Key Result Areas:
- Customer Knowledge and Service Satisfaction
Ensuring continued satisfaction from the clients for which you are responsible and to plan and implement a proactive programme aimed at expanding your knowledge of the key contacts, their roles and an understanding of their business. Ensure that you are communicating the offering and building and maintaining a clear profile of their business structure.
- Revenue Growth and Retention
Working effectively with the Sales Directors and Sales Management help to identify sales opportunities and make sure you are able to take the necessary action to follow up as appropriate. This includes identifying needs, compiling quotes, closing sales and creating SOW (Statements of Work) as well as managing the invoice and billing process with the clients. Gather and collect competitive information from the marketplace and share with the sales team members. Ensure you create a clear and concise plan of action within your designated accounts and work with the Sales Directors and Sales Management in the effective execution of that plan. Once your training is complete it is expected that you should regularly visit clients and prospects in the normal course of business.
- Administration and Reporting
Maintain the high standards of administration and reporting required. This includes updating SFDC with any call and/ or meeting notes within 48 hours and maintaining the Account maps and contact base as soon as anything changes. You will have some responsibility for running update and progress reports on behalf of the team.
Attend all internal product training sessions and any further training courses to develop your own personal skills. Assist with training of new sales people that may be necessary from time to time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This position will initially have a strong emphasis on the local Advisory channel covering the mid to smaller Law firms and/or Investment Banks.
The Account Manager will participate in a formal training program (Sellers University) and will be mentored by both sales management and assigned sales executives. Following a successful qualification period and in reaching the required standard it is anticipated that the Account Manager would carry their own sales target as well as a shared target.
Include the following but other duties may be assigned.
- Support the needs of the senior Sales Team in growing territory revenue and achieving and exceeding revenue budget
- Help to accurately create and maintain territory and account plans.
- Set up meetings with the assigned set of accounts identified
- Build rapport and relationships with internal and external customers through prompt, courteous, efficient, and professional service
- Participate in on-boarding training and continuous learning opportunities
- Gain hands on experience with the suite of services
- Participate and co-host in client events
- Understand all aspects of the selling process
- Take on responsibility for a set of accounts that may be assigned from time to time
- Maintain accurate records of all call activity in salesforce.com and report call information, sales leads, and customer profiles correctly and accurately in a timely manner
- Learn all policies, procedures and best practices
- Personal Target - You will be set individual targets/goals on an annual or quarterly basis, as appropriate, which will be detailed separately.
Solid assessment, judgment and decision-making ability, including the ability to apply a systemic approach to problem-solving and effectively use data and analytical tools.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, including superior presentation skills.
- Must have the ability to train users and demonstrate software via personal meetings and WebEx
- Advanced relationship management or sales support skills
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a Direct Sales Position
- Demonstrated successful experience outbound sales calls
- Demonstrated professional customer business and relationship building skills.
Generous Commission Structure and strong career progression opportunity.
Private medical, dental, life, income protection insurance, pension, season ticket loans, childcare vouchers, bike to work scheme