Position: Purchasing Co-ordinator
Reporting To: Supply Chain Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a hardworking, articulate and ambitious person to join us as a purchasing coordinator and strengthen our team. The candidate must be able to work within a fast-paced environment. This role is the primary point of contact and general coordinator for customer orders and new product orders within the business. Previous experience in supply chain or buying would be an advantage.
You will be tasked with:
- Raising Purchase orders and having responsibility for tracking and managing orders right through to arrival of stock at the delivery point.
- Delivering Customer expectations based on their requirements prior to shipment (e.g. red seals, gold seals, artwork, inspections, pre-shipment images).
- Liaising with Marketing and Suppliers to ensure label artwork is supplied on time.
- Ensuring Purchase orders are confirmed and all issues are resolved before passing to shipping & QC with any points relevant to the order that need to be followed through.
- Ensuring deadlines are met and approvals are sought before shipment is released.
- Working closely with internal departments to ensure orders are shipped on time and correctly to customer’s requirements.
- Obtaining quotations from suppliers where required & prepare costings for quotation purposes
- Arranging for samples to be produced, keeping an up-to-date sample log and tidy sample area to ensure samples can be located when needed.
- Organising, Planning and Prioritising Work - Developing specific goals and plans to prioritise and accomplish your work
- Dealing with suppliers on outstanding queries and issues.
- Maintaining good relationships with the suppliers.
- Project work.
- Any other tasks purchasing department may require.
- Take pride in your work and have a positive attitude.
- Be organised, assertive and have a good eye for detail.
- Be able to manage multiple workloads and work to timely demands.
- Have strong prioritising skills.
- Be able to think on your feet and have an innovative approach to your work.
- Must be a team player but also be able to work on their own initiative.
- Be a good problem solver and be able to think outside the box to find the best solutions.
- Have the desire to learn and progress within the industry.
- Be able to communicate effectively with suppliers and colleagues.