Our client is a well-established FMCG manufacturer who have developed a reputation of providing high quality products throughout the UK. To maintain the company assets to maximise plant availability and maximise profitability they are looking for a Technical Manager who will be responsible for general ongoing technical support for the site. In addition, responsible for the development of and implementation of the technical and process plan to support production and new product implementation (NPI). This will include but not be limited to machine improvement, process development and quality improvements. Machine efficiency and change over improvements will also feature in this role.
- Design and implement technical process to ensure equipment is commissioned to meet product specification and needs.
- Ensures that the machine installation continues to perform to its design capacity and that a continuous machine and process improvement program has been set.
- Provide a practical and cost effective technical service to the company.
- Lead cross-functional program teams including members from Supply Chain, Engineering, Logistics, EHS, Finance and Manufacturing groups.
- Leads the development of Project Charters, Statements of Work and Project Plans. Assists in the selection of project team members. Prepares cost benefit analysis.
- Provides coaching to personnel involved in implementing and maintaining Operations Excellence best practices.
- Analyses business processes to determine existing performance. This involves gathering information through interviews, measurements, tests and observations.
- Select and manage engineering related projects
- Manage projects to drive improvements / capacity.
- Develops and evaluates improvement solutions to ensure alignment with the business need with possible us of Lean Six Sigma principles.
- Ensure project alignment with teams, expectations and processes.
- Coordinate preparation of capital expenditure approval documents
- Drive OEE Performance Improvement project across key lines
- Develop and expand local capabilities in practical application of continuous improvement tools and methods, mentoring others in leadership of improvement projects (Lean, Six Sigma) and promote a structured problem-solving approach.
- Experience in manufacturing and project management environments.
- Experience in productivity improvement and quality improvement.
- Experience using Lean Six Sigma principals to drive Continuous Improvement
- Experience in Training and Facilitation
- Prior line management or team leader experience
- Proven experience of implementing best practice within a cGMP manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication ability (including experience communicating with senior leadership on project status) and use of facilitation skills to align functional resources to program objectives.
- Strong Leadership. Understand business and strategic thinking. Good influencing skills.
- Strong project management skills
- Proficient in use of advanced features of Microsoft Project, Excel and Access