Our client, A global insurance company with a multi billion pound turnover are currently looking to recruit an Accountant to join its thriving finance team.
The main purpose of the role is to perform professional accounting work to ensure current, accurate and complete financial information, prepare and compile moderately complex financial analysis with responsibilities to include:
- Prepare, evaluate and complete moderately complex financial activities for various lines of business including journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Compile and review financial data for variance analysis and reporting of results against expectations.
- Perform moderately complex analysis.
- Prepare evaluate and complete moderately complex components of internal management based financial reporting, consistent results with corporate policies and standards.
- Prepare and maintain more complex components of work papers (i.e. supporting documentation for accounting exhibits).
- Prepare, evaluate and assist in creating moderately complex analyses to support financial/business plans, budget and forecasts for the organization.
- Identify and maximize tools to obtain data necessary to support financial analysis and create financial transactions.
- Prepare, evaluate and complete moderately complex components of external financial statements.
- Assist in analysis of business changes, including making recommendations and performing moderately complex assignments.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Experience within a similar role
- Finalist / newly qualified accountant or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field preferred
- Working knowledge of accounting theory and practice.
Due to the high levels of applications we are experiencing at the moment we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates, if you have not had a response within 1 week of applying regretfully you have not been successful
Accountant - Kent - Accountancy and Finance