An exciting opportunity for an experienced Financial Controller to join a highly successful and growing boutique practice based in London and Manchester. Working alongside the partners of the practice the role and firm offers excellent career progression potential for individuals looking to further their careers.
Joining the Manchester team as a Financial / Billing Controller you will be responsible for the billing, credit control and financial management of the day to day operations, including cash flow management and monitoring KPIs. You will support the Partners by introducing and improving upon existing internal controls and procedures to streamline the business activities as well as to collate financial data before undertaking analysis to identify how the practice might continue to develop.
- Issuing bills and creditnotes.
- Answering billing queries.
- Actioning write off and transferrequests.
- Ensuring billing totals meet targets provided in thebudget.
- Ensuring fee earners understand the financial information provided on billingguides.
- Assist fee earners with technical difficulties in recordingtime/billing.
- Financial administration of the firm including book-keeping, billing, account reconciliation and debtrecovery.
- Managing cash-flow and creditcontrol.
- Preparing financial reports including cash-flow forecasts, unpaid bills, profit and loss, and expensebudgets
- Experience in an accountancy or legal practice financerole.
- Must have significant accountancy/legal billingexperience.
- Experience in a managerial role is desirable.
- Knowledge of VATregulations.
- Excellent attention todetail.
- High level of integrity andcommitment.
- Ability to work well underpressure.