We are looking for an ambitious Manufacturing Manager / Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join a high technology company developing complex capital equipment for the industrial printing industry. It is a fantastic time to be joining this Cambridge based organisation -already growing strongly, they have ambitious plans for further expansion which will offer significant career progression opportunities. The Manufacturing Manager will oversee and challenge the existing manufacturing processes and procedures, helping the company become a leader in modern manufacturing methods, techniques, policies and procedures. To do this you will need a background in the production of capital equipment, ideally including experience of DfM / DfA / DfT and preferably gained in the printing industry or related high-technology manufacturing sector.
Responsibilities of Manufacturing Manager
* Ensure machines are built and completed on time, addressing issues as they arise to ensure quality and delivery commitments are achieved.
* Lead and manage all aspects of Production activities and resources to ensure that machines are built on time to the required quality. Introduce new products ( NPI ), managing a small team of Manufacturing Engineers to improve product quality and build efficiency.
* Work with Engineering R&D teams to ensure designs are optimized for efficient manufacturing, assembly and testing (Design for Manufacture Assembly and Test)
* Implement processes to identify and resolve all sources of possible delay to production activities such as highlighting parts shortages, supplied parts quality issues and resource constraints to ensure on time delivery of machines.
* To lead, manage and develop the Production team to ensure that skills are developed and cross training is achieved with a highly flexible workforce. Recruit the additional appropriately skilled team members to meet the growing production demands
* To identify, plan and implement continuous improvement programmes including the introduction of lean manufacturing techniques across the Production team to improve the effectiveness of Production activities
* To lead and promote a strong culture of Health and Safety awareness amongst staff and drive improvement in H&S performance of the Production function.
* To manage all aspects of the apprentice training programme
* Previous experience working as Senior Manufacturing Engineer / Manufacturing Manager or Production Engineer / Production Manager for a capital equipment manufacturing company
* HNC/Degree Manufacturing/Engineering qualification
* Strong Microsoft Office skills especially Excel
Vacancy Location: Cambridge ( Commutable from Cambridge, Royston, Bury St Edmunds, Bedford, North London, Harlow, Stevenage, etc)
Salary: £50k - £65k + Benefits (depending on experience) - potential relocation package.