Product Manager - IT Portfolio
This Product Manager opportunity is a newly created role specialising in CPE (customer premises equipment) solutions working for one of the biggest players in the TMT market.
Your remit will be to support things like the development and management of the product roadmap which will include a broad selection of technology devices including phone handsets and computer systems, networking and server solutions, digital subscriber lines and lots more. In this, you will be doing things like:
- Looking at costing the product, ensuring it's competitive in market
- What will the experience be like for customers (buying and user experiences as well as journeys)
- Engagement with commercial channels and the go to market team to bring to market successfully
- Managing vendors and resellers
- Identifying the priorities for development, based on an understanding of customer needs, as well as market and competitor dynamics
You will be looking at the product roadmaps from across the business, considering the products available in each product category within end-user computing and CPE, and cherry picking the right ones in order to align a portfolio of service solutions to meet specific customer needs within different vertical and horizontal business segments.
The business you will be joining has both global and UK business divisions. You will specifically be working on propositions to bring to market for the UK arm, but will be working closely with your Global counterparts to understand what's on their product roadmaps too, and again, looking at opportunities to pull down relevant service solutions from their global services portfolio, localise and make tweaks or changes to the product service, pricing strategy or customer experiences in order to make it fit for purpose to the target customer base and launch them into market.
On top of this will be the maintenance of the existing portfolio. Reviewing its competitiveness in market, making tweaks and changes based on sound customer and market insight to either enhance customer appeal to drive further acquisition, or improve customer satisfaction and retention.
You're going to get really senior level business exposure here too, right up to VP level, as you pitch business ideas and cases in order to secure budget allocation which will support the development of your product roadmap.
This opportunity will really suit a self-starter with ambition, drive and determination. There's real opportunity available here and a chance to be part of something with huge potential to achieve great business results.
Role: Product Manager - IT Portfolio
Location: London, Leeds or Bolton - there will be some need to travel for meetings. This will be expensed.
Salary: £38,000 to £45,000 (location and experience dependant)
Benefits: 10% on target bonus, pension, flex-bens package and 25 days leave
- Commercial Product Management or Proposition Management experience within a B2B technology environment - this can be from both supplier/service provider or re-seller businesses
- You have an understanding of the technology eco-system in this space
- You have a keen eye for market and customer insight, how to utilise it to commercial advantage in the development of new propositions
- A great commercial thinker - balancing customer need, pricing strategies, value and return
- Evidence in the delivery of new propositions/products to market
- Any experience gained within a Graduate programme and rotations within commercial marketing, product or propositions division is highly valued
- Must have the necessary visas to live and work in the UK - sponsorship cannot be provided.
For further information please contact:
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
You can view all our vacancies on our web site www.bluepelican.com, or call and ask for the marketing division.