Master Production Scheduler
My client is a leading manufacturer within its field. Due to their growth, they are looking to appoint a Master Production Scheduler to join their business.
As the Master Production Scheduler, will be responsible for the scheduling of all production cells through the full utilisation of the current ERP system (K3 Syspro) and finite production scheduling system (Preactor). You will lead the planning process with the development and implementation of benchmark processes utilising our ERP system and lean manufacturing techniques.
You will be responsible for the following areas:
* Creates Master Production Schedules for the plant ensuring customer requirements are fully met, whilst minimising cost and inventory to ensure company objectives are achieved.
* Coordinates and communicates the daily production schedules to shop floor work centres using Preactor generated works to lists.
* Works together with Operations department to ensure there is adequate capacity available to meet short term S&OP demand and longer term strategic plan.
* Assures that all related raw material and components requirements are covered by Purchase Orders.
* Monitors daily production outputs and ensures high levels of schedule adherence are achievable and realistic.
* Ensures system data is accurate through regular maintenance of Bills of Material, Production routings, and system parameters.
* 5-10 years production planning experience in a fast-paced, multi-cell manufacturing environment.
* Minimum 5 years ERP system planning experience, with full understanding of Master Production Scheduling (MPS), Manufacturing Requirements Planning (MRP), Works Order Management (WO), and Inventory Management (IM).
* ERP and Finite Scheduling experience essential. Syspro ERP and Preactor Scheduling knowledge a bonus.
* Bachelor's Degree preferred.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
* Lean manufacturing experience.
* Strong proactive approach is a must
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills required.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills needed.
* Collaborative interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain effective relationships at all levels of the organisation.
* Ability to drive process improvement.