Salary up to £50K PLUS bonus PLUS travel allowance PLUS benefits
My client is the UK's market leading commercial furniture specialist. They provide a fully integrated range of services and solutions including the specification, supply and installation of office and outdoor furniture as well as a package of complementary services.
They are currently seeking a Space Planner / Senior Designer who is strong on space planning to join their team in London.
Reporting to the Head of Design, you will be working on multiple projects and providing design solutions from the initial brief to the handover of a project. Your key responsibility will be to accept and interrogate briefs from sales or the end user and develop these into a design scheme. With a strong commercial awareness, you will offer the best options to the client or end user.
You will also be responsible for keeping abreast of IT innovations and new products including features and benefits for future specification and research new ways of working, understanding how this effects the end user in order to provide a consultative approach to furniture specification. You will need to utilise your knowledge through the design process to improve saleability and cost margins.
- Accept and interrogate briefs from sales or end user.
- Develop brief into a design scheme.
- Include commercial awareness, helping to make sketch profitable and giving best options to client / end user.
- Keep abreast of new products including features and benefits for future specification. Utilise knowledge through design process to improve saleability and cost margins.
- Keep abreast of new research into new ways of working. Digest and understand how this effects the end user use this to provide consultative approach to furniture specification.
- Use experience and knowledge to aid furniture specification singularly or within team groups.
- Provide space plans to aid the specification, procurement, installation processes and adhere to space planning best practice, health and safety & legal procedure.
- Create presentations and visuals to aid specification of the sales & tender process..
- Provide building, as built, furniture and storage surveys to aid the sales, procurement and installation process.
- Keep abreast of IT innovations and update / manage in house IT issues.
- Retain and improve relations with suppliers.
You will be integral in retaining and improving relations with suppliers and be responsible for managing data libraries.
To be successful, you will have proven experience in design and demonstrable records of winning and working on large projects. You will have commercial office interior experience, working on projects c£1m plus, as well as efficiency on AutoCAD, PowerPoint, In-Design and Photoshop.
My client needs someone with the confidence and ability to take the lead with a dedicated and ambitious attitude. You will need to have a passion for design and delivery and be a strong communicator.
My client is offering a competitive salary, pension, PMI, life & disability insurance. In addition to this is a discretionary bonus and travel allowance is offered along with a mobile, laptop and expenses account. You will also receive 25 days annual leave plus a future training needs plan.
If you feel you have the outstanding qualities required in this role of a Space Planner / Senior Designer - Furniture and are keen to take on a new challenge please apply now.
Keywords : Space Planner | Senior Designer | Furniture