Fantastic opportunity for a Law Graduate / Paralegal to earn a Training contract
A well established, market leading Law firm based in the heart of Reading are offering either a Law Graduate with experience within a Law firm or a Paralegal, the opportunity to be offered a training contract inm the next 1 -2 years.
The role is based within the Probate team, which is incredibly busy and expanding.
Our client is a well-established Law firm based in the centre of Reading. They are looking for an ambitious Law Graduate or Legal Secretary that want long-term progression. This role offers an ambitious and hard working Law Graduate, with previous experience working within a Law firm, that wants to work as a paralegal initially and then progress onto a training contract.
The department is extremely busy and needs someone who can hit the ground running.
The role will entail:
* Support to solicitors and other members of the department
* Management and production of documents
* File administration and data management
* Assisting lawyers
* Timely production of documents and management of files.
* Efficient handling of telephone calls, liaison with clients and third parties
* Provision of assistance to and dealing with tasks delegated by lawyers.
* Sound knowledge of Word and all office systems.
Main Duties and responsibilities
1. To deal with word-processing/typing and production of all documents and correspondence as directed by Lawyers.
2. To attend to clients both on telephone and in person. To take and record accurately any messages and pass them on to the appropriate person without unnecessary delay and to assist with the above for your department in the absence of other secretaries.
3. To deal accurately with filing - storing and retrieval of clients’ files in line with the Department’s filing system.
4. To set up new files and new matters accurately and speedily on instructions from lawyers.
5. To make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain an up to date diary.
6. To ensure that the lawyers’ time records are entered promptly.
7. To accurately administer billing and financial accounting transactions and procedures
The ideal candidate would be a Law Graduate with some Law firm experience or an experienced Paralegal, that has ideally worked within Wills and Probate and looking for progression. A training contract will be offered to the right candidate after 1 - 2 years!
The firm offers excellent benefits and is genuinely a lovely place to work.