Production Team Leader
Our client, a global specialist within the food and beverage sector are currently seeking a Production Team Leader at their facility on the outskirts of Pontefract. This is an important role within the business, supporting the departmental Manager with the day to day management of the team.
The role would suit candidates who experience of leading teams within an FMCG environment.
In addition to a competitive salary, the company offer attractive benefits including non-contributory Pension Scheme 8%, Private Medical Cover, Life Assurance and more.
The successful candidate will work daytime shifts.
• Ensure that the team adhere to safe working practices and good housing keeping. Responsible for the undertaking of risk assessments and the provision of PPE and instruction. Involved in the provision of health and safety training for direct reports and accident investigations as required.
• To ensure compliance with all Quality, Food Safety and Legislation requirements, relative to the role and in line with customer, third party and company standards. To maintain audit compliance standards at all times and promote a proactive quality culture within the department.
• To successfully promote and implement company driven change initiatives taking into account and managing a positive morale culture. Responsible for ensuring the work force and management team are effectively communicated with and engaged in the change process.
• Achieve team objectives through the implementation of key results areas (KRA’s). Ensure team members have a clear understanding and are provided with the necessary resource to deliver against these.
• To identify and implement performance uplift within the Manufacturing department across all areas through Team driven initiatives and projects.
• Responsible for the accurate, timely, collation and analysis of performance measurables, and these are effectively communicated to direct reports, peers and senior managers.
• Develop a highly motivated team whilst adopting an open, visible and supportive management style, in order to ensure that resource and skill levels meet current and future business needs.
• Identify training needs for the team and individuals through a skills matrix, and ensure that adequate coaching and training is provided to enhance flexibility, by following an agreed training plan. Evaluate performance levels against agreed objectives. Review and monitor progress, and initiate corrective action as appropriate.
• Ensure that HR Policies and Procedures are applied correctly and consistently across the team. Responsible for the initial stages of the disciplinary and grievance procedure, absence management and involvement in the recruitment and induction program.
• Promote a Continuous Improvement philosophy by encouraging team participation in production initiatives, provide facilitation, support and guidance, and lead by example.
• Work in close partnership with fellow team members and cross functional teams, to promote shared knowledge, transfer of skills and experience, and a desire to work together to achieve common goals, in order to maintain the day to day smooth running of the operation.
• Responsible for the effective and timely communication of information to Senior Managers, direct reports and team engineers to ensure understanding and that a consistent message is received.
• Any other reasonable request
• Experience within FMCG, preferably gained in the food industry within a team orientated culture.
• Excellent leadership skills - experience of managing successful teams
• Good working knowledge of an operational environment and packing lines.
• Awareness of latest production initiates and continuous improvement concepts, in line with World Class Manufacturing best practice.
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to coach, develop and motivate individuals
• IT literate
As soon as a decision has been reached, we will contact shortlisted applicants to arrange interviews. Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants.