Crucible Creative is an exciting and ambitious start-up agency providing a variety of design, print, media and marketing services to clients from a range of sectors including the Arts, Higher Education, Events and Entertainment sectors.
We are launching FringeHype, an online platform for ordering design, print, and distribution of marketing material for companies taking shows to the Edinburgh Fringe. Your work will in the initial instance be creating eye-catching and visually stunning campaigns for these companies, so a good instinct for theatre and poster design is a must. As we are experiencing a busy period, there will also be work on Crucible’s longer term projects.
While at least some of the experience and skills below are required, particularly program knowledge and poster design experience, many of them can be considered desirable. Experience of working in any of the sectors mentioned above is by no means a requirement. The company’s work encompasses a variety of print media, but has also recently expanded into larger identity and digital campaigns.
You would be suited to the role if you are a good all-rounder with excellent design skills, the ability to work unsupervised to deadlines, and the desire to work hard to help build the company into a successful enterprise, in turn furthering your own career. The work will at times be client-facing, involving briefing meetings, concept development discussions, and pitch presentations.
- Excellent career development prospects
- Bonus package if company’s targets are met
- Training with advanced features of Adobe software packages
- Collaborative and supportive atmosphere
- Subscription to design magazines and tutorial services
- Complimentary theatre and event tickets when available
- Occasional UK-wide travel
- Flexible working hours
- Central London location
- Working on a variety of creative briefs, spanning print, digital, web, and branding from concept to completion
- Concept and idea generation with the team
- Meeting with and presenting work to clients
- Ensuring that any work carried out meets its objectives and is appropriate for the audience and market
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- A strong portfolio demonstrating design skills and experience, particularly in poster design
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative flair for ideas generation
- Close attention to detail
- Ability to deliver creative and high quality work under pressure
- Ability to comfortably present your own creative ideas with authority
- Eagerness to continue learning and skills development
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe software
- Fully embrace developments in software, technology, design trends and new media
- Proactive and confident working as part of a team
- Flexibility with regard to working hours
- Experience with preparing artwork for print production
If this position sounds attractive, please apply by sending your CV, covering letter and portfolio examples or links, explaining why you want to work for a start-up and why you’re the right candidate for the job. Please note that applications without attached portfolios or links to your work will not be considered.
The initial contract for this role will be for 3 months to support us through our busy season, but we are intending to create a permanent role at the end of this period for the successful candidate.
Early applications are encouraged as we are interviewing on a rolling basis and are intending the successful candidate to take up their role quickly. Applicants who are able to start at relatively short notice will be at an advantage.