National Technical Manager
Job Title - National Technical Manager (6 Month Contract with likelihood of turning permanent)
Location - North West/Midlands - ideally based in Leeds, Manchester or Sheffield area
Salary - Up to £45,000 plus Company Car
Our client is a market leading Facilities Management Company who continues to enjoy substantial growth with its impressive multi-site client retail base.
As a result of continued growth they are now looking to recruit a National Technical Manager to be ideally based in North West/Midlands area.
This role is initially a 6 month contract with the potential to become permanent. The ideal candidate will be home based and will be required to attend customer meetings in Manchester and visit sites nationally. Therefore the role will require regular travel with a company car being provided.
Provide Technical support on a variety of areas—e.g. Ad-Hoc customer projects, Third Party issues, identification of areas technical improvement to deliver service or commercial benefit.
Work with Account Manager on management of third party suppliers, to ensure all relevant technical compliance and health and safety regulations are being met
Provide Technical support to National FM Manager and Technicians as required
Own and manage all Technical activities, requested by Account Manager and Customer
Ensure Customer is Technically compliant at all times
Represent the interests of City FM in a professional and competent manner at all times.
- Ensure all PPM contracts are delivered in line with current technical compliance regulations
- Manage all budgets given on job specific basis by Account Manager or Customer and, where possible, deliver service at the lowest cost. Making maximum use of the budget to fund additional services to the customer. E.g. (ad hoc projects, development work, etc)
- Manage contractor’s projects, as requested, in line with City FM procedures.
- Carryout technical investigations relating to---Plant/equipment failure, potential new equipment, operational issues, e.g. (power supply related, plant/equipment failure, etc)
- Support Account Manager in management of all third party suppliers ensuring all Planned Preventative maintenance visits are undertaken as scheduled to the prescribed standards and attend review meetings as required
- Analyse third party contract statistical data including costs, expenditure, savings and opportunities in support of Account Manager
- Ensure company policies and practises are followed and delivered consistently.
- Attend monthly performance meetings with the Customer as requested by Account Manager to ensure service levels are delivered and to review expenditure against budget and to identify any risks.
- Provide service excellence to all stores.
- Analyse all performance data to identify opportunities for continuous improvement in service standards by third party suppliers
- Liaise with the Account Manager on a frequent basis to ensure we are meeting operations expectations of our services
- Ensure that all activity compiles with Health & Safety Policies.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties.
High degree of flexibility in working hours including weekend and out of hours.
High degree of mobility - travelling throughout the country with nights away from home to meet business needs
Personal fitness - the nature of the job requires the jobholder to climb ladders, work in confined spaces and to drive.
Full Driving Licence
High level of self-motivation
Focus on excellent customer service
Good Understanding of Mechanical and Electrical services, with relevant qualifications
To apply for the role please send an up to date CV to Nicholas Elkin @ PDA Search and Selection Ltd.