Systems Accountant required for our client, one of the UK's best known retailers.
This dynamic role will play a pivotal role in monitoring liquidity and risk management related to the company's financial activities in addition to maintaining the company's financial systems.
The individual will be accountable for cash flow management (including cash forecasting and Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable), accurate reporting of the stock ledger and other financial systems and overseeing retail cash handling.
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified Accountant and show experience of managing an Accounts payable team as well as previous cash flow management experience. This role will be reporting into the Head of Finance and have direct line management of x4 people.
- ACCA / CIMA Qualified - essential
- Previous systems accounting experience
- Previous experience of reconciling a stock ledger as well as managing a creditor and debtor ledger.
- Systems implementation experience
- Knowledge of corporate borrowing arrangements.
- Relevant experience in a Corporate treasury environment
- Maintaining the weekly cash flow forecast model.
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining best practice Debtor and Creditor ledger management and processes.
- Oversight, maintenance and improvement of all financial systems, including retail (XStore), merchandising (IP) and accounting (SUN Systems).
- Manage quarterly audits of store cash operations.
- Oversee management of retail cash handling for UK and ROI own operated stores and ensure efficient cash ordering, deposit and settlement processes across all stores.
If you feel you have the necessary experience listed above and are looking to take the next step in your finance career, please apply today.
Please contact Jamie Folley on or send your CV through to
Huntress does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.