Engineering Manager // Seaham // £40,000
An opportunity has arisen with one of the cornerstones of North East industry and engineering. My client is looking for a Engineering Manager to manage a diverse and growing engineering department and team.
The successful candidate will be pragmatic, open minded and will enjoy no day being the same as the last. Ideally with experience in heavy industry, working with heavy plant equipment and with a mechanical bias with some knowledge of civil and electrical, your typical responsibilities would include but not be limited to;
- Responsible for the day to day management of the engineering team of 8 direct reports including a mix of welders, fabricators, mechanical & electrical engineers.
- Directing, supervising and controlling the engineering workforce to ensure customer needs are always met.
- Health & safety awareness is crucial to ensure that unnecessary risks are not taken in any areas of the business.
- Maintain mobile and static plant/ Port equipment/ Port infrastructure.
- Ensure that all engineering tasks are completed in line with health and safety policy and safe systems of work.
- Allocates/delegates tasks and supervises direct reports and contractors
- Production of work rotas and plans to meet maintenance targets
This company offers a great deal of job security and with a district lack of staff turnover.