SME Financial Controller
A Qualified or QBE Financial Controller is required for this growing £20M turnover business based in Crawley.
About The Role
Working with the Finance Director and the CEO, you will be instrumental in the delivery of an efficient and effective financial control environment whilst providing key decision making support to the senior management of the business to continue its growth.
As the Financial Controller, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Analyse and forecast the financial performance across multiple operations of the business
- Provide clear and concise strategic financial analysis to the Finance Director and CEO, including commentary and suggestions
- Oversee the preparation of management accounts, financial statements and provide support across international operations
- To manage the month-end process, including balance sheet reconciliations and accruals
- Provide a complete 'hands-on’ support to all areas of the finance function
- Support a small finance team
About Our Client
This role is working for an owner managed SME business that has been in business for over 20 years. They provide services on an international scale and have seen continued steady growth over the past few years.
This role is a new appointment within the business due to the continued growth.
We are looking for an individual that has a steady employment history within stable working environments, previous experience working as a Financial Controller or Finance Manager and has had some exposure to international transactions from within an SME environment.
In short, we are looking for the following skills and experiences:
- Qualified, QBE or Part Qualified Accountant
- Experience of working within an SME environment
- Experience of working within an internationally trading business
- Looking to step into a Financial Controller role and work up to the Finance Director position in years to come
Things You Should Know
This is a brand new role within the business, there is every possibility to grow into the FD’s role in the future and be part of the exciting journey that this business is going on.
Commutable from: Crawley, Dorking, Epsom, Gatwick, Guildford, Horsham, Leatherhead, Redhill, Reigate
Howett Thorpe recruit for roles within accounts payable, credit control, payroll also covering accounts assistants, audit, management accounts, financial accounts, analysts, financial controllers, financial directors, corporate finance, tax including all part qualified and qualified vacancies.
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)