Location: Hockley, Birmingham
Salary: £20k - £25k plus benefits
Hour: 40 hours between 08.30am - 17.30pm
Contract: Full time / permanent
Strictly NO Agencies
Cleone Foods Ltd is a major player in the dynamic World Food category specifically our brand Island Delight is a market leader in the Caribbean chilled foods sector.
Ideally the successful candidate will have a previous experience as Team Leader in Food or manufacturing environment.
• Analysing Market trends to identify opportunities for range expansion in cross category product development.
• Be involved in developing the manufacturing processes and recipes of existing pattie products and newly discovered ingredients to create a tiered category offering.
• Make sure food products are produced safely, legally and are of the quality claimed.
• Evaluate nutritional benefits and legal claims of potential new lines / ranges.
• Collaborate with the sales team on product design and labelling
• To modify foods to create products such as fat-free items and ready meals.
• Expand product range and production into the Free From category, also potential to produce own label supermarket lines.
• You will be involved in conducting experiments and producing sample products, as well as designing the processes and machinery for making products with a consistent flavour, colour and texture in large quantities. This must be done within a strict and ever-changing regulatory framework around the treatment of foodstuffs.
• You will be expected to keep up-to-date with relevant legislation.
• Be involved building relationships with suppliers and customers, as well as ensuring products are profitable.
• Researching current consumer market trends and latest technologies to develop new product concepts;
• Evaluating current product range to improve product quality and review profitability.
• Monitoring competitor activity / new lines and increased distribution.
• Reviewing raw material suppliers for new product development.
• Preparing product costings based on raw materials and manufacturing costs to ensure profitable products;
• Coordinating launches of new products or running trials alongside/together with product development; Working in line with grocery retailer ranging windows.
• Working with the technical team compiling/checking/approving product specifications and labelling;
• Undertaking long-term projects such as Free-From or own label launches.
• Working on packaging innovation and technology.
• Working with engineering/production developing the ability to repeat new processes to ensure consistency and safety;
• Liaising with technical staff, sales and technical services, and marketing and distribution.
• Working with engineering/production to develop solutions to production issues whilst maintaining food safety.
• Working with suppliers on quality issues and new product ideas;
Skills & Requirements:
• 2 years previous experience required
• A logical and investigative mind
• Excellent analytical skills
• A methodical approach to work
• Team-working skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Written and oral communication skills
• The ability to work effectively with staff in non-scientific positions
• Good technical skills including free from legislation
• Strong nutritional knowledge
• Problem solving skills
• IT skills
Strictly NO Agencies