Sourcing and Contract Manager
We are recruiting on behalf of our client for a Sourcing & Contract Manager, based in Port Talbot. Although the role will be based in Port Talbot there will be an expectation to travel, primarily in the UK.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering a professional procurement service to businesses and leading procurement sectors; and also leading a stronger drive for supply chain effectiveness and realisation of challenging group and business-specific targets.
This role exists to provide an efficient and cost-effective service to internal customers; whilst managing and developing the relationships with external Suppliers. The role has the prime objective of maintaining and maximising supplier relationships within the market to source the correct product volumes at the best available terms.
Accountabilities for the role;
· Setting clear category strategies, fully endorsed by technical end users on that basis, efficient and effective sourcing of Services in order to obtain an optimal price -quality relationship in the best interests of our users.
· All elements of category strategy, negotiations & closing
· The deployment and effective extraction of value from contracts.
· Ensuring contracts are competent and effectively deployed to meet targets progress, regular tracking and monitoring of performance.
To carry out this role successfully, you will be required to undertake the following;
· Supplier Market knowledge. Regularly scan the marketplace and suppliers, collect facts and then deliver relevant marketplace and supplier data, including clean sheet analysing to ensure effective construction of category strategies.
· Converts demands of the end users and constructs a sourcing plan that maximises value across the business within framework of agreed category strategy.
· Delivers all required aspects of pre contract work and the negotiations, closes and puts in place contracts that deliver short and medium term values for the business and managers the contract through its life cycle by frequently analysing effectiveness, progress on kips set in close co-operation with the contract management organisation and the end user.
· Has accountability for ensuring local contract managers are engaged in contract strategies, reports to local leadership where gaps appear, manages through "influence, gravitas and expertise" the effective delivery of value throughout the life of the contract.
· Systems and procedures. Purchasing administration to update the Information about orders and progress and make sure that it will be available
· Monitors contract deployment and ensures that delivery is ensured through improvement proposals to improve the satisfaction of the user, supply chain optimisation and the effectiveness of value extraction.
· Ensures that contract renewal is undertaken in a timely and effective manner and that the end user satisfaction plays a leading role in supplier selection
Salary Benefits: up to £44,300 depending on skills and experience
Please note that this is a temporary position and we are recruiting on behalf of a client. Please contact Megan Weaver; or via email if you require additional information.