Bespoke Engineering Solutions
£45,000 - £60,000 + Benefits (inc. Equity)
You must have experience in an engineering environment and strong technical knowledge.
The company are an engineering business who design and manufacture on site. They are looking for an ambitious Product/programme/Project Manager who is wanting to develop within the business to Operations Management level. This is an exciting time to join the business as they are rapidly growing and have substantial projected target for 2020.
Having a background in electronics, semiconductors, and sensor equipment will be advantageous.
As Product Manager you will be responsible for managing the development of the product and support business growth.
Your role will be to guide a team to develop sustainable revenue, profit and market share. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing systems in existing markets to developing new systems, potentially in new markets.
Reporting directly to the Director of the business, it is expected that this person will make themselves an expert in the market and so take the lead in developing customer relationships and company products hand in hand as well as supporting improvements in manufacturing processes. A great strength of the company is their ability to develop the bespoke equipment they offer; it is expected that this person will understand how to develop business strategy to support product development and business growth.
- To manage from concept, to design, sample production, testing, forecast, cost, mass production, promotion, support, and finally product end of life.
- Delivers the operating plan: achievement of growth objectives including market share, revenue, profit and return on investment for all the channels/categories of business and/or key customers.
- Responsible for managing and implementing marketing activities through research, strategic planning and implementation.
- Ensuring that you are the expert in bespoke engineering and understand the product.
- Driving a solution for expansion and development (primarily through Engineering and Marketing).
- Analysing potential partner relationships for the product, both internally and externally.
The successful candidate will possess a blend of business and technical savvy. You will be the type of person that can see the "bigger picture" with the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market, supporting business improvements, identify improvement strategies.
- 3+ years of product management experience OR 5+ years of Engineering and Project Management with a strong desire to gain wider business experience.
- An Engineering degree with an interest across the range of Mechanical, Electrical, Control, Systems, Software and Informatics (other related degrees such as Computer Science or Physics can be considered or a strong engineering background can be demonstrated).
- Excellent communication skills in a range of formats, both written and verbal.
- Fluent in English both written and spoken.
If you are interested in hearing more about this exciting opportunity, please apply or contact Sarah Farrugia to discuss further.
Perpetual Engineering is a UK based Recruitment Company providing the highest quality of service. Allied with Cygnet Group, a leading group of diversified engineering companies helps Perpetual Engineering combine their extensive recruitment experience with engineering knowledge.