Commercial Finance Analyst
A Northamptonshire based FMCG company is looking for a Commercial Finance Analyst to support the trading teams in maximising the delivery of Sales and Commercial Gross in line with or ahead of budget. You will help contribute to the delivery of accurate and timely financial information.
Key areas of Responsibility for Commercial Finance Analyst:
- To drive the understanding and promote the use of available sales and margin reporting with Traders
- Identify and evaluate opportunities and risks through analysis and initiative action to secure the maximum benefit
- To provide decision-making support to the Category Teams to ensure that decisions made by senior managers are based on robust commercial analysis.
- Review Supplier Contribution, identifying opportunities for improvements providing understanding on periodic performances.
- Ensure payment cycles and cash flow opportunities are maximised.
- Ensure that initiatives are explicitly linked to value creation and have appropriate financial perspective/inpuc
- Undertake analysis of the major drivers of category growth e.g. Pricing, Promotions etc
- To be the financial expert for the Category Team and ensure excellent decision support
- Project based initiatives - ie, web / sales out / IBF / National Accounts
- Support the Commercial Finance Managers and the Finance Director in the delivery of company objectives
Skills & Experience for Commercial Finance Analyst:
- Part Qualified
- Strong analytical skills
- Good commercial knowledge
- Advance user of Excel
- Confident communicator
- Strong personality
- Can-do, positive attitude