We have a great new role with an award-winning global B2B marketing agency who is looking for an Event Manager to join their highly successful company.
The ideal candidate will be working at a creative agency, be confident, energetic, have tons of initiative, be calm under pressure have a smart image and know B2B events inside out. Reporting to their friendly Account Director, you’ll need to be self-motivated and most importantly, be hungry to learn.
The role would include:
- Responsibility for the end-to-end management of a wide variety of B2B event projects across different clients and across multiple regions. This includes the ability to deliver high quality B2B events with a highly proactive as well as reactive approach with the ability to build trusted relations with the client base.
- Management of events on site and attendance at all managed live events (conferences, seminars, dinners, exhibitions, roadshows etc.) taking a lead management role to bring the event project to fruition.
- Management of live events on site throughout EMEA, the US and APAC.
- Pre-event management including taking detailed client briefs, preparing proposals, constructing budgets and timelines, attending client meetings and working closely with creative teams, copywriters, printers, audio visual suppliers, external venues and other 3rd party suppliers to ensure projects are executed professionally, on time, and within budget and client expectations.
- Financial control of event projects, including complete cost control throughout the project ensuring best negotiated rates and delivery of each campaign within budget.
- Project management of project team ensuring that all deliverables are delivered ahead of schedule and to the highest possible standard regardless of size or scale of event. Including the detailed planning of all event with the production of timelines, proposals, project plans and regular communication with the client.
- Account management and client nurture. Co-responsibility with an Account Manager for the nurture of each client and the relationships within. Client communications are an essential aspect to the role. The role also requires the individual to add value to client campaigns and events, with the ability to offer advice to the client with regard to best practices and achieving the best ROI from their event.
- Attendance at client and supplier meetings and briefings.
- Educated to Degree level with marketing/event management qualifications or experience within a marketing/event environment.
- Ideal candidate will be an existing Event Manager with minimum of 3 years’ experience in organising live events, meetings and exhibitions.
- Agency experience essential.
- Comprehensive understanding of the B2B event management industry.
- Ability to understand client objectives and interpret them to develop an integrated event strategy (including good listening and questioning skills).
- Excellent organiser: you must have experience in managing multiple events at any one time with the ability to multi-task and prioritise based upon the event requirements. The role will involve managing event projects from an end-to-end perspective, therefore candidates will need to understand all aspects to event management from initial briefing to pre-event management, to on site production and through to analysing the success of event projects.
- Experience of managing exhibitions, development of exhibition stands and delivering ROI from exhibitions.
- Strong project manager be able to juggle multiple tasks smoothly, be organised, have good time management and be in control. Managing the clients and colleagues expectations accurately with the ability to meet agreed deadlines.
- Excel, Word and PowerPoint literate and good understanding and experience in working with spreadsheets and creating proposals and presentations in PowerPoint.
Flexibility to travel and work early mornings and evenings where required. Clean driving licence essential. Happy to travel around the UK and further afield (including EMEA, USA and APAC) as event demand requires.
Experience in or inquisitive about virtual events and social media and have some knowledge of its role in B2B marketing and event management.
Not for you but you know someone suitable? Bluetree offers a referral fee.
Bluetree Recruits Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Bluetree Recruits is an Equal Opportunities Employer.