Business Studies Teacher
An Exciting Opportunity to join the first 0- 18 Academy in the UK. Business Studies Teacher job in Swindon.
Bordering on the beautiful Cotswolds
and within commuting distance of Bristol and Bath
Are you looking for a new, exciting challenge?
Do you want to work within a rapidly improving school?
We are looking for a Business Studies teacher to join our dynamic Business and Computer Science Faculty as we continue our journey to becoming an outstanding school. Salary: Highly competitive. Contract type: Full Time Contract term: Permanent
Swindon Academy, which opened in September 2007 as the first 0-19 Academy in the UK, is focused on raising standards for children and young people to ensure that the school is the best it possibly can be for our community. We moved into spectacular new accommodation in December 2010. The Academy has over 1400 students on roll, with 750 in the Primary Phase, 600 in the Secondary phase in Years 7 - 11 and 100 in our Sixth Form. In January 2014, an HMI visit confirmed that, "There is a coherent and consistent approach to driving school improvements at all levels and across the different phases of the school. Morale is high and there is a palpable determination to make Swindon Academy an outstanding school" In 2016, Swindon Academy was the top performing school in Swindon for Progress at GCSE. We are looking for an Business Studies who:
- is passionate about their subject and is great practitioner with high expectations and good classroom management
- is interested in the science of learning and is committed to continuous improvement
- can demonstrate excellent organisational and inter-personal skills and the ability to contribute to a team
- has clear vision, energy and commitment to all aspects of school life
- has a desire and passion to make a real difference to the lives and life-chances of our students
Swindon academy can offer you:
- enthusiastic, friendly students who deserve the very best teachers
- a superb building with state of the art facilities
- hardworking, dedicated and enthusiastic staff
- a rigorous whole-school discipline policy effectively supported by the senior leadership team.
- a fantastic team of English teachers, who have been working together to develop their Mastery Curriculum
- supportive leadership and a committed Governing Body
- a guaranteed CPD offer with real opportunities to develop as a teacher
As well as welcoming applications from experienced teachers and those relocating to the area, the school can offer an excellent support network and induction programme for Newly Qualified Teachers who are committed to helping young people realise their potential.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in the above job please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Hays Education Swindon. If this teaching role isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new job as a teacher in Wiltshire, please contact Hays Education Swindon for a confidential discussion on your job search.